We are grateful to all of our donors.
Jewish tradition teaches us that we have an obligation to provide – for Jews as well as for others in need. We agree. We also believe that as previous generations supported us, the current generation of Jews, we too have an obligation to support the future generation.
Community Shul’s giving efforts make a significant difference to individuals, families, and organizations in need here in Montecito and Santa Barbara – and we are able to do so because of your generosity.
How we provide for our Jewish family:
- A vibrant Religious School – instruction, materials, field trips
- Religious School scholarships for your children
- Availability of the rabbi, administrator, and educators
- High Holy Days – no tickets
- Other holiday celebrations
- Educational and social programs – Kabbalah Study, Shabbat Services, Woman’s Group, B’nai Mitzvot, Retreats, Wine Tasting Event, and more
- The Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund – for financial assistance when families or individuals are in need
- Guest speakers brought to many of our events
Community Shul has a strong presence in the local area as well. Your donations help support the many institutions which depend on the Shul such as the acclaimed Camp Haverim, the outstanding Israel Teach-In, the vibrant UCSB/SBCC Hillel, the Isla Vista Minyan and the Avi Schaefer Fund. Much of the success of these vital and dynamic organizations is due in part to the support of the Community Shul. Community Shul also maintains and nurtures strong relationships within the local interfaith community and with other civic organizations and initiatives that contribute to the well-being of us all.
Your gifts of any size go a long way and make a difference because of the impact Community Shul has on Montecito and the greater Santa Barbara community. If you’re already one of our kind donors, please know how much we appreciate you. If you haven’t done so yet, please become an active supporter and give generously to our Shul. We will not let you down as we uplift so many.
To make a donation